Friday, January 29, 2010

To Make Himself an Everlasting Name

Today I woke up in a warm state of peacefulness, I was thankful to be alive, thankful that God was my Lord and my Friend. Life was great. By mid afternoon, things had changed.
So quickly I took my eyes off the One from whom all blessings flow and turned instead to the waves around me.

Like so many times before, I tried in vain to fight off the fear of failure....only to finally remember that I am powerless without Him. This is the verse that I found today, may you also share comfort this verse gave me. [And its also a really cool verse in its own right, I'd never seen it before, so its new to me, I like it :) I'll only write the part that jumped out at me, but the surrounding verses are nice too]

"That led them...with his glorious arm,
dividing the water before them,
to make Himself an everlasting name..." Isaiah 63:12





1 comment:

  1. Along with this, last night willow showed me a verse of a hymn she found... 235 believers hymnbook

    Press forward and fear not!
    We'll speed on our way;
    Why should we e're shrink
    From our path in dismay?
    We tread but the way
    Which our Leader has trod;
    Then let us press forward
    And trust in our God

    "its nice to know you're walking a road who someone had already walked down." ~Willow

    ReplyDelete