Friday, November 22, 2013

Our Wedding

"Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one's life with pomp and blare,... perhaps it crept to one's side like an old friend through quiet ways;... perhaps. . . perhaps. . .love unfolded naturally out of a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath.
                                 ~ L. M. Montgomery


While reading the "Anne" books as a young girl, I remember thinking that if ever I had the choice, that I would like to fall in love in the above manner.  Although I assumed I would meet the dark, mysterious stranger and after a whirlwind romance be carried off into the sunset, I harboured hope of a long time friendship.  Today, I look on recently past years and smile how that very hope became a reality, and it did creep to my side.  Love & romance come in different ways and diverse manners, but for me it unfolded in a manner that best suited us.  I am thankful to be married to my best friend. 




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow customized with Smilebox



No comments:

Post a Comment