Sunday, August 9, 2015

Only Me, on My Knees...



As I was posting items to Etsy, I was listening to random youtube music videos, when the playlist began to play "Holy" by Nichole Nordeman from the WOW 2003 Hits.  Can you believe how long ago that was?  I can't, I truly can't.  

Her voice brought so many memories flooding back, I remember sitting staring out my bedroom window, the pink flowered wallpaper contrasted the deep green foliage of the beautiful wild garden below.  I contemplating the lyrics, appreciating her perspective.

Today, I was arrested by one line "and all you wanted - only me, on my knees..."  she said "singing", I thought "praying".   Lost on the rabbit trails of my mind, I missed the remainder of the song to simply re-hear "somehow, all that matters now is ... you... and all you ever wanted, only me on my knees."

I realized that is what He wants.  He wants us to petition Him, to ask of Him, to kneel before Him in thanksgiving.  Do we really take prayer seriously?  How easy it is to forget!

Sweet hour of prayer!...That calls me from a world of care,
...In seasons of distress and grief, My soul has often found relief..
And oft escaped the tempter’s snare...with such I hasten to the place
Where God my Savior shows His face....And since He bids me seek His face,
...I’ll cast on Him my every care,

Untill,...I view my home and take my flight...And shout, while passing through the air, “Farewell, farewell, sweet hour of prayer!”

No comments:

Post a Comment