Thursday, October 14, 2010

Vaults of Knowledge



I have been recently going through my old book collection. Once upon a time, I read constantly. I have been thinking that I should read more often. So many of the old books hold secrets are long since forgotten by the general public. These are a few summaries of my favorite books, although these are brief summaries.

L. M. Montgomery & Lousia May Alcott ~
Frankly, I won't expand. These books are readily available and have been
reprinted many a time. My favorites are Blue Castle (L.M.L.) and Rose In Bloom (L.M.A).
I need not expound, just read them, you will see, although you may want to read Eight Cousins before you read Rose In Bloom (Its a sequel).





Gene Stratton Porter ~
For more detail refer to my other post on her. But my favorites are The Harvestor, Keeper of the Bees, and Laddie.
(Laddie is not about a dog, but rather a little girl and how she perceives her family. I laugh everytime I read it. )

Amy Le Feuvre ~
Oh, this author is genius when it comes to the mind and eyes of little children.
If you want to understand how I can play with children for hours, read her books.
Every book is both hilarious and serious. Amy Le Feuvre is a decidedly Christian author.
My favorites are Me And Nobbles, Probable Sons, and Christina And the Boys.
Me and Nobbles is about a little boy who is raised by his aunts and who doesn't really find much love. He has one good friend --a stick with a carved head names Nobbles. The adventures! ... ah, but you must read it for yourself.

I could expand on many many more, but my favorite is:

TheWay of An Eagle by E.M. Dell
--a British soldier in India who no one understands and whom all think strange saves the day.
(and the lady).
What can I say? Again, you just have to read it.



No comments:

Post a Comment