Monday, September 5, 2011

~Late Night Tea~


After a remarkably warm Friday past, today has been almost frigid. Tonight, the cold is creeping through the brick, through the plaster, and desperately trying to chill me. I, however, have fortified myself with an old friend and a cup of tea.

Tonight, my old friend is a dark, chocolate-brown hoodie, whose warmth seems almost human. Almost, I have solemnly informed my hoodie, Almost, but not quite. Nothing compares to the warmth of a hug. Even as I, many of you know, am not given to long hugs, there is always that one hug in particular that lasts the longest and is warmer than ever a hoodie can be.

Contemplating aside, I decided to make some tea to aid the hoodie's best efforts. I idly opened the tea cupboard to scout out a spicy,rich tea. A tea that would finish the cold, and maybe send my thoughts to the land of dreams. Yet, the tea cupboard was near empty. Three measly tea bags sat in the wooden Early Grey box. Two or three Berry Teas waited individually wrapped in a little bag. Neither would suit.

I wonder if my sigh could be heard in the West Indies? Tea. I shouldn't have liked to live in Boston in 1773. I might have been a Loyalist tonight based on tea alone.

A small quiet thought gently played in my mind. Tea, spices, West Indies: why, I would make my own tea! Surely, if they could...

Tonight, I sit. Sipping sweet, aromatic tea I dream. My soul and body is warm. My mind as well, is warm with cherished memories. Ah, Tea, in all the world, there is nothing quite like it.
~

A Tea Recipe

A Cup of Boiling water
A shake or two of ground Thyme
Several dashes of Lemon juice
A generous teaspoon of Cinnamon- Honey

~

2 comments:

  1. oooh sounds darling! I'm drinking chamomile citrus tea in Brueggers's, once again waiting for class to begin. I'm going to try your recipe tonight! Loved the imagery in this post too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Can't wait to come have tea with you! <3

    ReplyDelete