Thursday, September 8, 2011

What We don't Realize As Christians


Kind of a strange heading, I'll admit. But I have been recently appreciating the amazing blessings that we often take for granted. I'll jot down a few that I've noticed lately, as I am working on a rather large project and shouldn't be taking the time to post.

- Everyday drudgery: when work becomes monotonous, I find my self musing over complicated subjects in my mind to help with the monotony - subjects like, Will the streets of gold be see-though? When Christ was on earth did animals (such as flys, stray dogs) bother him more or less than others? (Would they recognize that he was their Creator, and flock to him or respectfully keep their distance? Or did they know he was their Creator?)
--- we have so many topics to ponder and wonder on, what do people think about who don't have the assurance of being in Heaven? How much they miss!

- Feeling Lonely, Sad, or Depressed: I rely so heavily on the promises, verses, and songs. When I am down, repeating these to myself or even out loud quickly dispels the gloom. Is it any wonder so many people drink? With no assurance of Heaven, what is left but to "drink their sorrows away?"
-Afraid - "What time I am afraid I will trust in You." (There's a song to this too)
-Have a heavy secret -"Who knoweth all things." (Song: I can tell Jesus)
-Heavy burdened - "Casting all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you."
(Song: I will cast all my cares upon You.)

Anyway, the list can go on, but I cannot. Good night, All.

2 comments:

  1. muy buena reflexion,he pensado en cosas similares, en 1 Pedro 5:7.
    Muchas gracias por compartir esto.
    (perdon estoy olvidando mi ingles)
    Have nice day!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Pedro 5:7, es un consuelo, no? :) <3

    ReplyDelete