Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Thoughts of the Heart , p2

I haven't posted in a while, life is very busy. However, I have continued to ponder the previous topic.....

I was reading in Psalms a few days ago (yes, as many know, that means I wasn't really reading much this week --not a good thing to say the least, but I love how God speaks straight to our souls even when we weren't really listening.), so while reading in Psalms this verse popped out at me.

The counsel of the LORD standeth for ever,
the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
Psa 33:11

the thoughts of his heart to all generations... we really have no grasp of how God loves us, do we?
How He loves us! He loved us generations prior to our existence. Who would love filthy little arrogant creatures so intent on willfully sinning, generations before they are born, with the exact knowledge of the hideous sin they will commit?
According as He hath chosen us in Him
before the foundation of the world,
that we should be holy
and without blame
before him in love: Eph 1:4

We love to rationalize love, we bring His love down to our level, but in reality --we have no clue. No clue, how much He loves us --and how much we pain Him.

I remember as a very little girl, my mom would crouch down beside me when I had a tantrum, or wouldn't share . She would say "Ashley. That is very bad. That is sin." Her voice would be stern and hard, but her face was gentle. Her eyes were sad. "And it hurt God's heart sooo much, it makes God very very sad." Somehow, when she said that you could almost see God crying, so heavy hearted, so disappointed --but with eyes so full of love that it made my child's heart want to throw my arms around His neck, in contrite repentance.

So, I was reading today, in random places, when I read Hebrews 9:26.
For then must he often have suffered
since the foundation of the world:
but now once in the end of the world
hath he appeared to put away sin
by the sacrifice of himself.

For then must He often have suffered since the foundation of the world....

The previous verses center on the difference between Christ's sacrifice and the old sacrifices of bulls and of goats, emphasising how the sacrifices of old could never put away sin forever and then comes this verse. "For then must He often have suffered". So he came to deal with the problem of sin once and for all "now once in the end of the world hath He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

I believe I will always be amazed that the God of Heaven infinitely loves me forever.

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying,
Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

***



Lord Jesus I love thee, I know Thou art mine,

My rock and my fortress, my surety divine,

My gracious redeemer, song shall be now,

Tis Thou who art worthy, Lord Jesus, tis Thou.



No comments:

Post a Comment