Sunday, August 1, 2010

1923


I have been listening to country lately, seem to be on a country trend--maybe its the scenic route I take to work or maybe just this time of summer. I was listening to the song I call "Wait for Me" although as I have just now found out, the song is really called "Love, Me". Anyways, the song reminded me of my 'adopted' great-grandpa, G.P. Taylor. Most know G.P. Taylor as an older preacher, he told us wild stories. One such story was very similar to this song, see, he and his-bride-to-be eloped when quite young, since her father didn't approve of the match. They hopped in his car and drove through one or two states until they found state where they could get married. The details of the story I have forgotten, but I will never forget him telling me the story. I think he was 98 at the time, and he laid on the couch chuckling to himself, and he kept interrupting himself with stories of his late wife, how good she was, how talented. I always loved when he told us stories. Anyway, enjoy. :)

(Since the blog music automatically plays, scroll down the page, click the pause button on the right hand side to stop the blog music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment