Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Beach

I think the first Beach Day of the Summer merits celebrating! Today was the first time at the Beach this year, definitely not normal for us. Normally, we try to get the beach more than once a summer. Love the beach!

So, at about 12:00 we grabbed the towels, beach blanket, some money, packed the milk shakes in ice, and the four of us drove up to the beach. (We are about 35 mins from the lake, white sand, sand bars, the whole bit.) Today was a bright, sunny day with a high of 27 deg: Perfect BEACH weather!

10 mins from the beach we stopped at the grocery store to pick up some junk food -- and decided to pick up lunch. So we bought coke, munchies, candy, , a roasted chicken and onion rings from the deli (free plates, forks, condiments :D). We were the best eating kids on the beach :P -- and it was good. We did of course buy way too much food, but that is half the fun.

True to the country way of life, we had no sooner spread the food out then a kid came up and asked us for a fork-- we did have an extra one. And when while out swimming a random lady chatted away, asking a dozen questions. I was tanning on the beach when a dog came along to sample the chicken bones, I jumped up in surprise, and he thought I wanted to play. Out of the corner of my eye, I located his owner up the hill. So doggie and I did a little dance up the hill. You should have seen the look on the dog's face when he saw the chicken bones! He had such a look of delight as if to say "Oh! Abandoned chicken! My favorite and no one about to stop me!"

We stayed at the beach from 1:00 to 3:00. Even as I sit writing this, I am listening to the Beach Boys, trying to make the beach feeling last as long as possible. The sun felt so good, and I am again a bright shade of reddish brown. My whole being is warm, which is marvelous, especially after last night being so cold. It was the perfect ending to August, a perfect Saturday adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment