Friday, February 18, 2011

~As a golden-hearted rose~





"Perhaps, after all, romance did not come into one’s life with pomp and blare,
like a gay knight riding down; perhaps it crept to one’s side
like an old friend through quiet ways;perhaps it revealed itself in seeming prose,
until some sudden shaft of illumination flung athwart its pages betrayed the rhythm
and the music; perhaps . . . perhaps . . . love unfolded naturally out of
a beautiful friendship, as a golden-hearted rose slipping from its green sheath."

~



2 comments:

  1. Wow! It's obviously been waaaaay too long since I read the Anne of Green Gables series. I've always liked this perspective of romance, not the sweep-you-off-your-feet-in-two-weeks kind, but the sure, loyal friendship that suddenly is revealed to have a different, deeper dimension. By the way, did you take the pictures? I especially like the second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, a sure steady love based on a firm friendship... I didn't take the pictures (they are from a flower shop type site), but I did edit them. :) The second one is my favorite too.

    ReplyDelete