Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Rest for the People of God


I sure the majority of people enjoy a good vacation. The place and type of vacation varies, naturally, but we look forward to vacations nonetheless. Personally, I enjoy a quiet vacation. I love being with people, I love visiting quiet shops, and I do love to try new adventures. I am not really keen on amusement parks or noise.

For me a vacation is the time I can escape, spend some time with God, and think. Everytime, I think of taking a vacation, I am reminded of the verse in Hebrews "there remaineth a rest for the people of God." I know this verse is usually thought of in terms of Heaven, but I thank God for the rest, each opportunity we have for a vacation, whether a day, week, month, or more.

God gives us everything we have, "every good gift and every perfect gift, comes down from the Father of lights". How much more we should credit Him.

*Foto credits to my sister.

1 comment:

  1. :) In the past couple of years I have begun more and more to think of vacations as a time to take a break from activity and be able to spend more time with God and His Word. I obviously enjoy "fun stuff" with family as well, but it is interesting to note how my perspective has changed from, "Yay! Two days on waterslides!" to "This is going to be so nice! Unlimited time for devotions!"

    Thanks for the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete