Friday, February 25, 2011

A Family of Singers





I am sure most of us are familiar with the renown Von Trapp Family Singers, if only from Sound of Music.

Did you know there was a family of singers in the Bible?

I stumbled upon the verse just now in fact. (I have just picked up my bible and it opened to the verse.) I love finding 'random' facts in the Bible, especially when I am not looking. :) I find it so interesting that God gives us of unique details of this man and his family.

"...And God gave to Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.
All these were under the hands of their father for song
in the House of the Lord, with cymbals, psalteries, and harps,
for the service of the house of God..." 1 Chron. 25:5-6

*****

One of these days and it won't be long,
I'll rejoin them in a song.
I'm gonna join the family circle at the Throne.
Oh, no the circle won't be broken.
By and by, Lord, by and by.

Daddy sang bass,
Mama sang tenor.
Me and little brother would join right in there.
In the sky, Lord, in the sky.
In the sky, Lord, in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. :D I love that song! But I'd not noticed the family of singers in the Bible. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete