Monday, May 23, 2011

Ps 27 - When

Oh, I love Psalm 27! My Sunday School teacher made me memorize it when I was about 12. I no longer know all of it in sequence, but the verses do pop into my head at random intervals. I really should be more diligent about having my s.s. class memorize verses. I could write out the whole chapter... but I think I'll just post the verses in my head at the moment...

The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
the LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
... in this will I be confident...
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me...
he shall set me up upon a rock...

Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice:
have mercy also upon me, and answer me....
When thou saidst, Seek ye my face;
my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.
When my father and my mother forsake me,
then the LORD will take me up.

Teach me thy way, O LORD,

and lead me in a plain path...

Perhaps, we have not been shown a plain path, because we have not asked for one?
If you get a chance, count the number of "whens" in this chapter and the occasions for them.
It's rather interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment