Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve


Again, I find myself writing in evening, and into the night. The day was warm both in weather and in the general warmth of Thanksgiving. I love thanksgiving, if I could, I would have two thanksgivings every year.

I love the warm, crispy, buttery turkey and velvety mashed potatoes. Warm baked turnip, Grandma's own recipe which unlike anything else tastes and smells like Autumn. The sweet jellied cranberry sauce, warm white rolls with butter, steam vegetables, broccoli with cheese sauce - the list could go on and on. Oh, and stuffing, my utmost favorite part of turkey dinner.

So, yes I am feeling warm and full, and by default happy. I sit, relaxing on my bed in the dim light. Reading. Writing. Daydreaming. I think only there is one thing I am lacking... where is my *hoodie-friend when I need a hug?

No comments:

Post a Comment